A Battle Of Crowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world in which dominance over the hands is fought by the crowns of Vampire and Werewolf in an age old battle where all your can trust is the blade in your hand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Backstory] A Battle Won

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Colton

[Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:57 am

Colt ran through the trees effortlessly, weaving through them and taking sharp turns when he caught the slightly scent of his pack.

He led the Vampire through the thick plants before jumping from a ledge and landing in a river below.

Jump.

He instructed as he paddled through the water which carried him rapidly down stream.

They had to cover their tracks otherwise they would be followed all too easily.

Colt only got out of the water when the river tapered off and slowly dried as it stretched toward the drylands.

The soaking wolf pulled itself out of the water, panting heavily.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:01 am

Marcus followed as close behind the Werewolf as he could.

But when he was told to jump, he just stopped dead and crossed his arms over his bare chest, staring at the wet Wolf silently as he paddled down river.

"I can't swim," he called out.

It wasnt uncommon for Nalithian's to be unable to swim. A lot of the water bodies were polluted inhis country. It wasn't safe to swim.
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:04 am

Get in the water, the pack will be able to hunt you down on dry land.

He replied, in the water, they couldn't track a thing, the scent was washed away by the water.

You don't have to swim, I'll swim for you, you saved my hide it's only fair I return the favor.

He was strong enough to be able to keep them both above water for the trip down stream, all the vampire had to do was trust him enough to do so, it was a big ask.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:13 am

"You want me to jump into a body of water with only the word of a Werewolf I don't know as my means of survival?"

That Wolf had to be fucking insane.

Marcus chewed on his lip for a moment before taking a few steps back. He took a running jump to the other side of the river. His feet just landed on the bank, but it crumbled under his footing and sent him falling backwards.

He hissed a cursed as his back hit the water and panicked, splashing as he tried to get back to the bank.
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:17 am

Colt had to resist rolling his eyes as the Vampire protested, even still, when he fell back into the water Colt shifted back and grabbed him, pulling him up and forcing the Vampire onto his back.

He grabbed the man's arms and wrapped them around his shoulder as he paddled, letting the current sweep them down stream.

"Calm down Vampire, I'm not going to let you drown."

He muttered.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:20 am

Marcus was tense as Colt grabbed him and manipulated him to press against his back.

He gripped him tightly, gritting his teeth as Colt paddled downstream.

Marcus hated water. He barely tolerated the occasional bath he had. He would much rather not have to deal with being submerged in water for any amount of time.

He hissed softly at the man's mutter.

How the fuck could he calm down?
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:23 am

It didn't take long for them to get down stream, he pulled the two of them onto the bank until it was fine for the Vampire to walk as which point he let the man go.

"You should get out of here."

He muttered, collapsing back against the sand to catch his breath, he was exhausted and panting heavily as he body dripped dry.

"I'll tell them I tried to chase you but you were too fast and got away."
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:31 am

Marcus pulled himself up onto the bank, shivering almost violently as he was attacked by a cool breeze.

This was why he hated water.

The man looked like a grumpy wet cat that was ready to kill something for letting him get wet. He wasn't ever going swimming again.

He dumped himself down on the sand and laid back, staring up at the evening sky.
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:34 am

Colton didn't want to hang around here too long, this place freaked him out, it was unnaturally dark.

The werewolf pushed himself to sit up slowly, if he lingered for too long someone would find him and that wouldn't end well.

He shifted back into a wolf and too a few step away before shaking himself off to dry his fur a little.

There, now we are even.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:42 am

Marcus hummed, pushing himself to sit up as the Werewolf turned back into a Wolf.

"I have to return," he murmured softly, pushing his wet, sandy hair from his face.

He didn't have the option to go back to the castle. He would return to their newly gained lands and guard just as he had promised to do.

This had just saved his hide for a mere moment.
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:46 am

The wolf paused and turned to look at him.

You'll be killed, my pack are mad that we lost that land to begin with, you want be able to over power them on your own and I will not help you again.

If he wanted to commit suicide then that was his decision, he had done what he could for the vampire but he seemed to have a death wish.

My pack will not leave those forest until sunrise, you can not kill us all and you can not outlast us in our own forest, your spells don't reach that far.

The sun would still rise there until the Vampire could block out more of the sun like they had in their own territory.

I wont try to stop you, Vampire, you return there knowing your fate.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:54 am

Marcus gave a laugh as he unsheathed his sword and turned the sheath upside down, pouring river water out of the sheath. He was all water logged. He could even feel it filling his boots.

"I will hold out fine."

Marcus was sure he could hold himself out until the Wolves left.

Their sorcerers were on their way to enchant the new land as it was. In just a few more short days this land would officially be Nalithian.

"I carve my fate, no one else."
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Then you're carving your own doom.

He replied, shaking his head as he backed away back toward where the pack was scouting, it was unwise to remain here any longer.

His pack would come after the man if he stepped back into the claimed territory and he would be among them. This man may have saved him once, he had tried to return the favor but he could do no more, he wouldn't risk the lives of his comrades for the sake of a headstrong Vampire who was determined to get himself killed.

If this comes to battle, I will not aid you again.

His offer of safety had been rejected, they were still enemies. As such Colt turned swiftly and ran back to where his pack was located, howling out to them as he rejoined their ranks.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:42 pm

An excited little smirk lit up the man's sparkling blue eyes.

"If this comes to battle, I will enjoy every moment of it."

A scrap with one stray Werewolf was an annoyance at best. A fight with numerous Wolves over a serious cause? Marcus couldn't stop the shiver of excitement that rolled down his spine.

"Goodbye Wolf. I hope our next meeting proves fun for both of us."
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Colton moved back to where the pack had gathered, they had caught onto the scent of the lone Vampire.

Colton, report.

The Alpha of this small pack padded up to him, having already briefed the other members of the group, the larger wolf sniffed him, clearly catching the scent of vampire on his fur.

Encountered the Vampire but he took off back toward the river, had a small scuffle but he got away, by the looks of it he is doubling back into the forest to try and hold the territory.

He replied, it was a believable enough story and the Alpha seemed to accept it, ordering them all to stay close as they continued to scout forward, searching for the invader.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Now, Marcus was a bloodthirsty creature, but he had some sense in his head.

He hovered within the range of Nalithian's official boundaries, listening out for the Wolves as he perched in the remains of a dead tree which was probably once a beautiful large tree like the ones in Kenndrick.

He would wait here until sunset the following day then return to defend his new borders.

The Wolf had said that the pack weren't leaving until sunrise. he didn't want to get caught by them.
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:20 pm

The pack guarded the boarders well, taking shifts during the night, knowing there was no need to worry during the day.

They all rested out in the sun, sprawling out and enjoying the heat until the following day, they wouldn't allow the Vampire's to take even an inch of Lycan forest.

Before nightfall they had all hunted and fed well, ready for any scouting parties.

The wolves were cunning when in their own domain, the entire woods smelled of Lycan, making it hard to track a scent.

They lay in wait long the edge of the woods, hiding themselves among the plants ready to ambush any intruders.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:31 pm

The man hovered at the edge of his territory, humming softly to himself as he thought of a plan.

Perhaps waiting would be the smartest option.

He could just wait out the Lycan and storm the area once again with their returning forces. Lycan were a lot easier to off than Elves in a forest. It would be their best bet.

Fight the Lycan when they had numbers and push forwards into their territory, protecting their sorcerer as he cast his spells on the land.
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:39 pm

The Lycan had been keeping tabs on the Vampire, there was still only one of them, not much of a threat, though attacking now could cause more bloodshed later, none but Colt knew why this man was here, that he had been part of the attacking force days ago.

Once this part of the forest was taken and those spells cast there would be little point trying to recapture it.

The Elves could no longer use it when the plants died and the Lycan didn't have the magic to be able to dispel such a curse.

Still, if they pushed forward now it would take days for reinforcements to learn that their scout had been killed, in that time they could retake the land while it was still alive.

The decision had been made, they had to dispose of this one before more arrived.

It all started with a howl and moments later the entire pack charged forward over the border.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:42 pm

Marcus' head perked up when he heard the howl.

He'd been in plenty enough battles to know that howl.

Fuck.

Marcus was up and bolting through the trees with a surprising grace as he tried to outrun them. He wasn't about to get killed off by a bunch of dogs. Not yet.

He would make a tactical retreat for now.
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:46 pm

The wolves all charged forwards, their speed and pure ferocity propelling them forward until they were on the Vampire's heels.

Jaws snapped at the Prince, they had his scent and now he had become their prey.

Growls and snarls filled the air as they moved as a single unit, Colt among the fray, he had given the Vampire his chance, and now it was going to be too late for him.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:53 pm

Marcus could feel the panic and anger set in as he was attacked and jumped at from all sides.

He was lucky enough that the trees were tall, despite being so dead. They were stable enough and rot hadn't set in yet.

The man jumped through the trees, following the border of Nalithia rather than heading inland. The further inland he got, the smaller the count of trees. He would be dead, then.It was best to stay in an area that trees were present.
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:57 pm

The larger wolves rammed the dead trees as Marcus passed through them, trying to shake him down while other leaped at him, trying to catch a limb and drag him to the ground.

The Wolves howled and barked, the thrill of the chase whipping them into a frenzy as they chased down the lone Vampire who was so far from home.

The Alpha's jaws were narrowly missing Marcus as they tried to grab onto him.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Marcus hissed dangerously as the Wolves as they tried hard to shake him out of the tree.

He was getting seriously pissed off at being attacked like this.

So, he stopped dead in his tree and watched for a moment. The Alpha jumped highest. Higher than anyone else here.

He judged the distance in which the Alpha jumped for a moment before he jumped into action.

The dagger he kept hidden was whipped out and forced through one eye as he jumped up. And as the Alpha fell, the dagger was pulled out of his now useless eye and dragged along his muzzle.

Then he ran again, jumping through trees, hoping that the massacre of their Alpha's eye would distract them for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Colton

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:06 pm

The Alpha let out an ungodly howl as his eye was mutilated, the other wolves looked stunned as their leader fell to the ground, blinded and bleeding in one eye.

The Wolf still managed to bark orders and the group separated, a smaller group continuing the chase after the Vampire, their Alpha wanted his fangs torn from his mouth and they would offer him at much as a prize.

Four Lycan chased after the Vampire, they were the smaller ones, the faster ones, they were trained to run for hours without stopping, they were trackers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Backstory] A Battle Won   [Backstory] A Battle Won - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Backstory] A Battle Won
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next