A Battle Of Crowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world in which dominance over the hands is fought by the crowns of Vampire and Werewolf in an age old battle where all your can trust is the blade in your hand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back Again Lass

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Garen

Garen

Back Again Lass - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Garen nodded.

His list so far:
>Fix the holes in the roof.
>Fix the holes in the walls.
>Fix the holes in the floor.

"It'll probably take me a few days to do all of that. I'll tackle the roof first, then the walls and the floor last." The roof seemed like the more urgent of the three of them with rainy season heading in.
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:06 pm

"Great."

He replied with a smile before finishing off his soup and getting up to put his bowl in the kitchen and washing it off.

While in the comfort of his home you wouldn't be able to tell that Elleon couldn't see, he moved with ease and knew exactly where everything was located without fumbling to find it.

"If you need me to do anything else for you, just say so."
Back to top Go down
Garen

Garen

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Garen stood up when Elleon did, following him to the kitchen and setting the bowl down next to the boy so he could clean that, too.

"A spot on the floor and a good meal once a day is more than enough."

He would be quite happy with that. It was a lot to the Necromancer. More than he had had for a long time.

It was a huge luxury for him.
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Elleon heard the soft clunk of the bowl being put down and reach out for it slowly, his finger tips gracing the edge of it before he gripped onto it and washed it.

"Alright then."

He replied, humming softly to himself as he cleaned up and put the dishes away.

"You know, I got a little jealous this morning when you left, I think when the war is over, I might go travelling."

He replied, it seemed like it would be fun, he could go somewhere new for a while.
Back to top Go down
Garen

Garen

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Garen hummed deep in his chest.

"The world is a wonderful place. There have been so many new discoveries for me on this continent. The animals. The new sounds and smells. It's all been incredible."

This place for all its faults of heavy rainy seasons, was a beautiful place.

He enjoyed travelling around.
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:27 pm

"I'd like to experience it all when the kingdoms are a little more saf-"

The boy paused for a long moment, his body becoming stone still.

The only part of him that moved were his eyes, moving slowly as he watched pictures that flickered out in front of him, of events that would soon be.

He snapped out of it slowly, shaking his head a little as he put the bowl away in the cupboard.

"What was I saying?"

He muttered softly, having completely lost his thought.
Back to top Go down
Garen

Garen

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Garen tilted his head to the side as he watched the boy freeze up.

So this was how an Oracle saw. Interesting.

When the boy snapped out of it, Garen grinned brightly. "You'd like to experience it all," he prompted easily, as if the boy hadn't just frozen up in the middle of their conversation.

Garen didn't even mention the pause. He didn't see any reason to. He genuinely didn't care about knowing what was in the future.

"Maybe I can take you some places that I'd think you'd enjoy. There's this place really far north that grows some of the best fruit I've tasted on this continent. Those fruits remind me of back home."
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Elloen hadn't had a vision in a long time, being away from people had helped, without their influence he hadn't need to see what was going to happen.

Having Garen here, it was making him see little glimpses, thankfully it was nothing dire, there was no need to panic.

"Of yes, of course!"

He replied as he found his place in his train of thought.

"I don't think it's a good idea to travel right now, soon perhaps, I really would like to visit these places."

Tasting that fruit was now on his list of things to do.
Back to top Go down
Garen

Garen

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:53 pm

"This continent seems to be in shambles at the minute," Garen laughed lightly.

He grinned and ruffled the boy's hair before making his way back towards the main room of the little house.

"But when it's all calmed down, I'll take you up north and you can try that fruit."

It was something for them to look forward to. A little trip for them to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:00 pm

"It's been at way since the King's parents were killed."
Both kingdoms were a mess at the moment, it was a shame, it just made life harder for everyone else.

"I'll hold you to that, I want to taste that fruit."
He didn't have many fruit trees, he wondered what they would be like to cook with.

The though of the trip was exciting, he hadn't had anything to look forward to lately but now he did.
Back to top Go down
Garen

Garen

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:11 pm

"You'll get to taste that fruit, I promise."

He didn't care if it took a few weeks or a few years, Garen had promised it now. He'd make sure the boy got his chance to taste that fruit.

Garen made himself comfortable against the wall again.

The man began humming as he rooted through his pouches, looking for something to pass the time with.
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:18 pm

A genuine little smile graced Elleon's lips, he felt like Garen would keep that promise, he hoped he would, he wanted to go on his little adventure.

"I'm glad you came back."

He murmured before padding out the back door, a little embarrassed by what he had just said he decided to tend to the pelt hanging up outside.

His hand stroked over the slowly drying skin, leaning down he grabbed his bucket of tanning salt and rubbed it into the pelt slowly, making sure this hide turned out as good as possible.
Back to top Go down
Garen

Garen

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:24 pm

The man's lips curled upwards.

"Me too," he murmured softly in return.

After a while, Garen pushed himself to his feet. "I'm going out to find some wood for carving. Want me to get some firewood for you while I'm out?" he called back to Elleon.

He wouldn't mind doing it. He was going out anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:27 pm

"Yes please."

Elleon called out as he tended to the pelt, pausing for a moment and calling out a little louder.

"Don't pick up the large bits of dead wood off the ground, snakes live under them."

He warned, more than once he had upset some poor reptile trying to enjoy a sleep while he collected firewood, luckily the snakes around here weren't very toxic.
Back to top Go down
Garen

Garen

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:31 pm

"Gotcha," he called back.

Snakes. he knew there would be snakes around here. Damned pains.

Garen disappeared out the front with a soft cheerful hum following behind him.

He returned a little over an hour later with his arms full of wood. He set down most of it outside the front of the house, keeping a fairly large chunk in his hands as he made his way back inside.

"Where do you stock your firewood?"
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:35 pm

In that hour he had finished with the hide and had decided to catch some fish for tomorrow, he had rigged up part of the pond like a little fish farm, caged off so the fish couldn't swim away.

All he had to do was catch them and put them in the cage.

"In the box beside the house."

There was a wooden crate which housed his firewood and kept it dry, admittedly his supply had been running very low.
Back to top Go down
Garen

Garen

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:05 pm

Garen began hefting the wood into the crate when he found it, humming idly to himself as he did so.

When he was done, he headed back indoors, looking around for a moment before sidling out the back to look for the boy.

"I shoved them in the box."

The man leant against the house, watching Elleon.
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Elleon sat beside the creek a small distance away from the house, his feet dangling in the water as he held only a small hand reel, waiting for a fish to nibble on the baited hook.

"Thanks, I'll start the fire in a little while."

It was too early right now, he didn't want to be feeding the flames for hours if he didn't need to.

"Did you find any good carving wood?"

He asked as he slowly pulled the bait through the water to make it seem like it was still alive and entice the fish.
Back to top Go down
Garen

Garen

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Garen hummed.

"Found a few nice pieces. Good sizes, too. Looks like I'll be able to make something really good this time around."

The man watched Elleon fish silently for a while, a little smile curling his lips. The boy looked serene sat by the water's edge. It was a pretty image.

"Anything in particular you want me to carve for you?"
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Elleon thought for a moment.

He loved his deer carvings, being able to picture them from the shape in his hand made him feel like he could actually see it.

"A bird..."

He replied airily, he couldn't catch a bird, they were too fast and could fly away with ease, he would like to see a bird.

He heard their songs each day but they evaded him, he fed them sometimes but they still kept their distance.
Back to top Go down
Garen

Garen

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:21 pm

Garen grinned widely.

A bird. He'd have to think long and hard about what bird to carve for him. Garen had seen a lot of birds in his past.

Perhaps a small, dainty one would suit the boy. Something small. Something that had a pretty song to sing. He could definitely see Elleon enjoying a bird like that.

"A bird it is."
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Elleon turned around and gave Garen a bright smile, his large opal eyes unseeing but full of life as they turned up to the man.

He was excited about getting his bird one day soon.

"I can't wait."

He replied before turning back to the fishing line as it pulled taut and yanked him forward a little.

"Got one."

He exclaimed as he started to reel it in excitedly.
Back to top Go down
Garen

Garen

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:39 pm

Garen grinned in return.

The boy looked so happy at being able to feel the carving of his bird. He was started to get excited himself. He couldn't wait to see the boy's look of awe as he finally felt the features of a bird.

"Fish for dinner, too?" Garen asked as he watched the boy reel in the line.

Despite his timid nature when he had met him yesterday, the boy seemed really excitable over certain things. It was quite a sight to see. Garen knew that if he were in the boy's position, he wouldn't be nearly as bright and happy about life as the boy was.
Back to top Go down
Elleon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:15 pm

"No, not for dinner, I made a little fish trap to hold them in, makes storing them alive for later easier."

He replied, finally pulling up the fish and unhooking it, gently carrying it to the quite large wooden cage and plopping it back into the water.

The fish returned to idly swimming around.

"I can come out tomorrow morning and grab him out, I want to finish off that deer tonight."

Meat wouldn't keep fresh forever, he had to use it up before it went bad.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:18 pm

"That's pretty clever."

Garen hadn't thought about keeping the fish alive.

Granted when he hunted, he hunted for the here and now. He didn't have the ability to keep fish alive when he traveled.

It would take a while for him to get used to thinking the future like you had to when you lived in one place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back Again Lass   Back Again Lass - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back Again Lass
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Battle Of Crowns :: Kenndrick :: Forests-
Jump to: