A Battle Of Crowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world in which dominance over the hands is fought by the crowns of Vampire and Werewolf in an age old battle where all your can trust is the blade in your hand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Royal Flop

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 12:17 am

Kenyon hated these gatherings.

He hated how Nobles here talked so much shit that their asses should have been jealous.

He hated how many pleas for marriage proposals he got from old men who wished their daughters would fall into his favour.

He hated how many daughters tried to fall into his favour at the push of their family before the please for proposals even took place.

Kenyon really hated noble gatherings.

The boy slumped in his chair with a heavy sigh. He had to sit here looking regal and unattainable until Cyryl decided it was time for people to badger him until he wanted to pull his hair out.

That wouldn't take long at this rate.

"Sit up straight, my King," came a quiet whisper from his right.

His honey coloured eyes flickered up to his personal servant and a dull expression fell over his face as he straightened up as he was told. He hated this.

At his age men were supposed to be out hunting and providing for their family. They were supposed to build a house for their wives and father their children.

Not sit as stiff as a board in front of a room full of nobles that couldn't even talk to him.

Cyryl stepped forwards, his head raised proudly as he belted out an announcement for all to hear. "The king will allow conversation."

The crown was lifted from Kenyon's head and placed on the table to the left of his throne and the man stood, unclipping the heavy cloak that draped over his shoulders and letting it fall to the ground carelessly.

If he was to talk to Nobles, he wouldn't be doing it here at his throne. He would walk around and mingle.
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Colton gave a soft sigh, he hated this events, the other nobles considered him a bit of an oddity but he had to attend these gathering in order to uphold his name.

The last thing he needed were whispers behind his back, as such he always turned up, put on a charming smile and moved to chat up any young thing that crossed his path.

He had little interest in them of course but he was a bachelor and it would be rude of him to turn down a conversation with available women.

His eyes turned up to the throne as Cyryl spoke and the King graced them all with his presence.

He had thought the war would have ended when the Queen and King were slain but instead these fools had put a crown on the boy's head.

They all knew he wouldn't last long but in these times of war, no one wanted to sit up on that throne and be made a target.

Unlike the stuffy nobles he didn't rush over to kiss the King's ass, instead he stood back, enjoying the idle conversation with the flock of women crowded around him, they were second born daughters, the ones the other nobles couldn't offer up to the king so instead let them mingle amongst the rest of them men to find a suitor.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Kenyon stood silently, listening to another sales pitch of a Nobles beautiful daughter.

He could recite these pitches from heart. now. My daughter is the fairest. Her beauty is exceeded only by your late mother, bless her soul. She's is untouched by anyone. She will provide heirs for you. She will be the perfect wife for you.

She will be this, she will be that.

Kenyon just stayed silent through the pitch and politely declined it when the old gassbag had finished talking.

Wash.
Rinse.
Repeat.

Over and over again.

Kenyon was going to tear his hair out. Throw it at someone. Maybe hiss at them some. Maybe then he'd be left alone for a few minutes?

His honey gaze turned longingly over to closed doors of the balcony as another man approached him.

What he wouldn't give to be alone with his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Colton looked over one of the girl's shoulder and watched the king, he couldn't help but chuckle as he was approached over and over again, the nobles were watching him like a hawk for their chance to talk to him.

None of them were rude enough to try and push in while another man was speaking, it would be frowned upon by the others.

Thankfully Colt didn't have those worries, his parents were no longer around and he had no kin of his own, his good name was his to sully with malicious whispers if he chose to.

Idly he wondered if he would be punished for this, too bad, the reckless side of him took over as he saw the King glancing toward the balcony.

Colt moved forward gracefully and gently placed his hand on the King's shoulder.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt the two of you, my sincerest apologies."

He said, cutting off another old man's speech as he bowed his head to his King.

"My King I have something I need to discuss with you urgently out on the balcony."

He added, his emerald eyes turning down to the King, hoping he took the hint.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:46 pm

The man's eyes flickered up when another voice entered the frey.

The golden eyes warmed in curiosity as a hand was laid on his shoulder. The only person who had touched him in the castle in years had been Cyryl. And yet this man had just walked up and touched him so freely.

Who was this man?

He had never met him before. He was sure he hadn't. Kenyon was not likely to forget such bright green eyes.

Kenyon pursed his lips in thought before a look of recognition came onto his face. "Ah yes, I remember. Do you still wish to offer it to our country?"

His gaze turned back to the man who had been talking to him. "I apologise but this is a matter of utmost importance." When a stuttered response came from the man, Kenyon placed his hand on the young Noble's shoulder and guided him forwards. "Come."

His attention turned to the man who had saved him. "Our country would greatly appreciate what you have offered to us," he prattled, making up a story on the spot as they made their way towards the balcony.

When they were safe outside, Kenyon's hand dropped from the man's back and he stepped forwards to lean on the railing.

"Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:54 pm

"Yes, your Majesty."

He replied with a polite nod before apologizing once more the the stuttering old man. He really did hate these parties, if he weren't for the constant pressure he wouldn't bother attending at all.

He followed after the King as he was bid, opening the door to the balcony for him before pulling it shut behind him.

"You're welcome."

He replied with a soft chuckle as he was thanked by the King.

"I was worried that if I didn't help you escape out here that you might throw yourself through the window."

The look in his eyes had suggested it, he looked mind-numbingly bored with this whole gathering.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:58 pm

"I have thought about it in the past," Kenyon admitted with a soft chuckle.

His face turned upwards, enjoying the slight breeze that caressed his face and danced in his hair.

"But who in their right mind hasn't thought about it at one of these gatherings?" Kenyon hated these things and he was sure just about everyone else who ever went to them hated them just as much as he did. Okay, that was a lot of hate almost as much as he did.

"Your name?"

He hadn't received it yet and he had interest in this man.

He wanted to know his name.
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 7:06 pm

"They are quite tiresome, I have to admit that I pity you, having to sit through all those proposals must be frustrating, I think I've heard them enough times tonight to be able to recall them word for word.

Though fear not, I haven't got any children to offer you."

He hadn't pulled the King out here to offer up his own children, thankfully, he had none.

"Colton, your Majesty, of house Rennon, my father Austin attended these gatherings up until now, he has decided to retire."

He hadn't been to a royal affair like this before, it was only after he started taking over for his father that he got invited.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 7:10 pm

"It is my duty," he responded firmly.

Kenyon couldn't afford to fall into a pity party where he admitted all his little frustrations about the night to a complete stranger.

Despite what people whispered about him, Kenyon could be a smart boy.

"Ah, how I envy the elderly for that ability," he laughed.

"I do hope you enjoy your night to the best of your ability." However meagre that ability was at such a party. It was rare people enjoyed themselves here.
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 7:18 pm

"I know, my King, but duty or not it can be taxing I'm sure. Personally I am of the mindset that the King should not be dictated to as to who he should marry.

The fact they shove their daughters in your face night after night is out of line as I assume you are not blind enough not to notice a woman if you were interested in them."

He replied with a soft sigh, rubbing the back of his own neck, he was probably out of line for speaking so freely.

"I do apologize, that's wasn't polite of me."

Though he thought the boy might agree with the sentiment of what he had said.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 7:25 pm

A little smirk curled the man's lips as Colt spoke so passionately.

"I believe you are more offended by the way I am treated than I am, Colton of Rennon."

Colton was very opinionated about the way Kenyon was treated. It intrigued him even more. People, as a general rule, didn't give two shits about him. They wanted his money and his title and his castle. He himself was completely disposable.

But Colton was angry at the way they treated him to get to his money and title and castle.

It made the Noble even more interesting.

"You are right. It wasn't polite." His lips curled upwards slightly. "But it was amusing and true."

Kenyon clicked his tongue gently. "It is the lightless hour at the prison," he murmured softly, tiling his head slightly as his eyes fixed onto the stone building that made up the prison in his city.
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:28 pm

"We nobles are only allowed our title and claims because we serve under you. Without you we would be nothing, these men can delude themselves into thinking they hold some sort of power of their own if they wish but I will not."

He knew well enough that without the King his family would be nothing more than mere peasants. Plus he had his own reasons for thinking so highly of an under appreciated male ruler.

"Even stripped of your lands, gold and title are you not also a man? Shouldn't you be treated as such? If I may speak freely my King, though my tongue has not exactly been bridled.

All your lands and wealth and titles mean nothing to me, they do not give you the right to rule over us. It is who you are as a man and a wolf that matters more to me. Bringing you out here I had my own agenda, I wanted to find out what kind of man I'd be devoting myself to as head of my house.

While it's true that you're young the whispers of your prowess in battle have reached far."

Colton paused his little speech, letting his temper calm, nobility really did irk him. The man rested against the railing of the balcony before staring out at the prison.

"Lightless hour?"

He asked, he hadn't spent much time at the prison.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:15 am

Kenyon listened silently as the man ranted about his rights as a fellow man despite his hefty title and power, a growing smirk spreading over his face.

He'd never heard someone with this opinion before.

It was interesting to hear someone else share his beliefs about him being an actual person and not just a ruler to try and marry into the title of.

"Your tongue is certainly unbridled, Colton of Rennon. It makes for a pleasant shock."

It was nice talking to someone who actually thought he was a person, too. Even Cyryl treated him like a king more than a person.

"The lightless hour where the candles are snuffed and anything that happens, doesn't." He'd been there and done whatever he wanted numerous times in the past. In fact, if it wasn't for this gathering, he would have been down there tonight.
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 2:19 am

Colt gave a soft chuckle as he looked over at the man.

"I've been told before that I'm too honest, brutally so, this tongue of mine has gotten me into a lot of trouble in the past."

Granted, he had a lot of fun getting into all of that trouble, he would do it again in a heart beat.

"I see, I didn't know the prison facilitated such an event. I have to admit it is intriguing, I can only imagine the type of creatures sealed away behind those walls."

Vampires, Lycan, only the guards knew what else, his curiosity peaked, the prison was immense trouble so naturally he was drawn to it.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:04 am

"I can imagine that."

He was sure such a tongue would have gotten him in trouble before. If Kenyon spoke with such a lack of abandon like that, he would be killed very quickly.

That sort of verbal freedom was lost to him. He couldn't speak what he wanted to anyone. He had to be so careful with what he said so as not to insult or freak anyone out.

"It is for the entertainment of the guard more than anything else." His tongue laved over his lower lip slowly. "It's off the books. Not a lot of people know about it." Technically he shouldnt have known about it. It wasn't something that should have been happening and if he were a good king, he wouldn't have let it continue.
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:46 pm

Colton's tongue trailed slowly over his bottom lip, yes, this tongue of his had gotten him into a lot of trouble in the past, not that he was complaining, he had quite enjoyed most of this trouble.

"I have to admit that you've peaked my curiosity, the contents of that prison has always fascinated me."

He would like to go down their, if he was honest with himself.

"The fact that you haven't put a stop to it yet despite being aware of the guards actions, do you, perhaps, share my fascination?"

He asked looking down at the king, his emerald eyes displaying a hint of lust.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Could he trust this man enough to share his knowledge on the prison?

Colton of Rennon didn't seem like any other Noble he had had the displeasure of meeting. He was fun. He spoke his mind, even if he did apologise in the same breath.

He thought that Kenyon was an ordinary person; not just a title.

The king's lips curled upwards slightly into a half smirk.

"My fascination has been piqued and sated. I make continued returns for the entertainment that the hour provides." Kenyon bit his lip slightly, his honey gold eyes turning up to Colt to see his reaction. This was the first time he had shared these activities with someone. He didn't know how anyone would react.
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Colton looked down at his King in surprise when he admitted to his little trips.

A grin spread across his lips as the man bit into his lip, his intrigue with the King was only increasing.

"I'll keep you secret and share one of my own. As soon as you told me about the lightless hour I strongly debated jumping down from the balcony, escaping this horrible meeting and going there myself for a little fun."

He replied, his grin widening into a cheeky smirk. Going down there would be a lot more fun then being stuck at this party with a bunch of old men.

"I'll tell you something else, despite being a bachelor and a nobleman, I'll never court any of the women who proposition me. I'll not get married, nor have children, the thought of laying with a woman makes feel unease."
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Kenyon chuckled softly. "I have had the same thoughts numerous times tonight."

Kenyon much preferred the company of the prisoners to that of the Nobles in his castle. He would much prefer to feel the rough touch of a prisoner than no touch at all.

The young King's tongue passed over his lips. "I wish I had the same luxuries. My duty is to my country, though. I must provide an heir soon in these times of war." He didn't much like bedding women, either. Bar those rough few at the prison. They proved very fun. He highly doubted that the little Nobles girls here knew how to act like those women, though.

"I have yet to find a woman here tolerable enough to court."
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Colt's eyes lit up in thought as he looked at the relatively small jump from the balcony to the grass below.

"My king, lets sneak out together. I'm sure your duties and those puffed up nobles can handle your absence for one night?

If we can't make it down to the prisons perhaps we can sneak off to the woods, anything has to be better than this.

If you can't have what you want occasionally then whats the point of being King?"

He asked looking down at the man as he moved a little closer, his usual cheeky smile gracing his lips.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:08 pm

"Colton of Rennon, I wish I could do as you suggested."

The man shook his head, though. He couldn't do it. He knew he couldn't do it.

He wished he still has the rebellious streak of his early teenage years and could still just wander off without worry like he used to. But he just couldn't nowadays. Kenyon knew how much he had to keep these Nobles happy.

His lips curled upwards slightly in response to the Noble's infectious smile but he once again shook his head.

"I cannot."
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:15 pm

"Please, just call me Colt."

He replied, he was disappointed that his plan to escape had been foiled by the King's unwillingness to break the rules.

"I'm sorry to hear that, though there is one thing that I am going to do which is completely out of line, though I wont apologize for it, even if you take offense."

He added, leaning forward and stealing a small kiss for the man before pulling away, his lips curling up in a warm smile, luckily no one inside would be able to see what he had just done.

"Goodnight my King."

With that the young noble slipped over to top of the railing and jumped down onto the grass below, landing perfectly on his feet before padding out into the garden, he couldn't stand this party any longer.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:26 pm

"Then the same is allowed to you. Call me Kenyon."

If they were to be casual, then he didn't want an asymmetry of the amount of casualness allowed. He wanted someone to treat him with some heir of familiarity at times.

His lips parted to ask what it was that he would take offence to, just to have lips press against his own.

Without thought he pressed back into the kiss, his hand raised to grip the man's clothing firmly as he pushed into the kiss.

When Colt pulled away, Kenyon gave a soft breath, watching as the man disappeared over the balcony. His tongue passed over his lips. He could taste him there.

Kenyon disappeared back into the large hall, seeking out a servant. He found a small Elven women very quickly and laid a hand on her shoulder, leaning over to murmur in her ear. "This party is becoming a bit much for me. I have suffered from lack of sleep recently and I fear I am going to suffer more here at the party than I already am. I am venturing somewhere quiet. Make sure Cyryl knows."

And then he was gone, slipping out the doors quickly.

The man changed before anything else, dressing in simple, cheap clothing that he had bought at a market stall in his city. He pulled a cloak over his shoulders and yanked the hood up over his head then slipped out of his bedroom window. It was on a higher level than the hall the party had taken place in, but it was easy enough to jump.

Then he ran, tracking Colt through the gardens.

Kenyon couldn't let a moment like that die so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Colton

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:32 pm

Colt had head toward the pond, hidden away in an alcove of plants, only a small cobbled path leading toward it.

He had pulled off his coat, vest, and tie, discarding them over a low hanging branch before kicking off his shoes and socks.

The man sprawled out on the grass by the water wearing his trousers and a white cotton shirt which he had unbuttoned down to this chest.

His fingers graced over his lips for a moment, he hadn't expected to be kissed back like that, he almost regretted jumping off of that balcony, still, at least now he was free for a while.

For a moment he thought that Kenyon may have followed after him and jumped down, but he hadn't.
Back to top Go down
King Kenyon

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:37 pm

It was easy enough to track Colton to the pond.

He was a new Werewolf in his territory. The Elves cared for the garden more than any other species. With no other Werewolf in the area, he just tracked the only Werewolf scent right to him.

Kenyon didn't pay any mind to the surroundings. His eyes were just on the partially undressed Werewolf as he moved forwards quickly.

He moved as swiftly as possible, slipping into Colt's lap and pressing a hard kiss to his lips, hands fisting into his hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Royal Flop Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Royal Flop   A Royal Flop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Royal Flop
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Battle Of Crowns :: Kenndrick :: The Castle-
Jump to: